This world class, one of a kind residence is located in southern Utah right in the middle of Utah’s most popular National Parks Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.
5800 Square Feet / 1 Acre Lot
3 full bathrooms
1 King Master
4 Queen bedrooms
2 Bunk Rooms (sleeps 8)
Towels and bedding supplied
Fully equipped kitchen with Keurig and Blendtec
Pans, plates utensils
High speed internet with Wifi
Fire Pit w/ roasting sticks
Large Play Area/Volleyball
Moto Cross Track
4 Flat Screen TV’s with Dish and DVD
Maximum occupancy 18 people
What is the DFG Alton House address?
- 75 North 200 East Alton, Utah
Is there grocery or shopping close by?
- Yes. Phillips 66 gas station in Alton (US-89 & UT-14, Alton, UT 84710) 8.8 miles away Grocery stores in Orderville (65 N Main St, Orderville, UT 84758) 13.4 miles as well as Panguitch (10 S Main St, Panguitch, UT 84759) 36.3 miles
What do we need to do when we arrive?
- You can access the key in the key box by the front entrance. Please text Ty Erickson for code 801-913-4896. You will want to make sure the temperature is comfortable. For AC the control is at the top of the stairs. If using the AC you will also want to turn on the fan above the kitchen/family room. For heat you can use the fire places as well as the space heaters in each room.
What do we need to do when we leave?
- Follow check out list.
How does the TV work?
- There is a separate control for the TV and DVD player. Make sure the TV is on the correct input for the device you are trying to use. We have satellite TV, DVD and a PlayStation 4 upstairs.
Is there Wi-Fi/internet?
- Yes. The network name is: Experience Utah-Alton Password: 4356483335
How do you start the fire pit?
- This is a gas fire pit. The key is located on the on the bottom side. Open the gas by turning the key to the left. Light with match or piece of paper. Make sure the gas is turned off after you are done. Lighters are located in kitchen drawer.
Is there a furnace/heater?
- No, that is what the space heaters in each room are for.
Are pets allowed?
Is smoking allowed?
How do we use the hot tub?
- See instructions by hot tub.
Is there a church in Alton?
- Yes there is a Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints (Mormon) in the town that starts at 10am every Sunday you are welcome to attend.
Who do we call for maintenance?
- Call or text Ty Erickson 801-913-4896
Can we use the land line at the house?
- Yes you can. No long distance (out of state) calls please. The phone number is: 435-648-3335
Is there additional towels and sheets we can use?
- Additional towels and blankets are located in downstairs linen closet, master closet, and in the mudroom/laundry room. The sheets are in the cupboard above the washer and dryer.
Is there extra mattresses?
- Yes the upstairs couches in the loft have fold out beds. Also there are extra mattresses in the basement in the closet underneath the stairs.
Can we use the pool table?
- Yes you can. Please replace pool sticks after use and handle the pool table with care. A ping pong table is also available, located near pool table.
Do we need to lock the doors at night?
- Alton is small community without much traffic so it’s normally very safe, but feel free to lock doors.
Are there skewers for the fire pit?
- Yes there are. They are located in the rustic buckets around fire pit.
Where is the nearest hospital?
- Garfield Memorial Hospital 200 N 400 E St, Panguitch, UT 84759 (39 mins away) There is also an ambulance located in Alton. Call 911 in case of emergency.
Can kids ride on the off road track?
- Yes and no. The track is available for use with your own equipment and with a signed waiver. Unfortunately, due to liability and maintenance the ATV’s at the house are for the owners use only.
What do we do if something breaks?
- Please notify Ty Erickson by phone or text with a picture of what is wrong 801-913-4896.
How do we operate outdoor lights?
- The on/off switch is located at the bottom of each light pole.
What if we smell sewage?
- This house has a self-contained sewage system, at times there may be a slight sewage smell. If smell persists please contact Ty Erickson 801-913-4896.
What do we do with excess trash?
- Trash needs to be taken out to 200 East Street every Thursday morning before 11a.
Can we use ATV’s in the garage?
- Unfortunately due to liability and maintenance the equipment in the garage is reserved for the owners only. However, we have great partners that can supply any of your equipment needs. Just ask!
Alton House Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, the following rules have been put in place.
- No smoking allowed anywhere on the property
- No Pets allowed
- Please put all trash from inside the house and out on the property in the brown trash container in front of the garage. Trash needs to be taken to street every Thursday by 10a.
- Guests shall not discharge firearms or use fireworks of any kind on the property in accordance with the State of Utah and Kane County laws. A firework show is put on at the park on the 4th of July.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver of liability, by signing, you do signify that you take full responsibility for the safety and health of any guests as well as property damage to the DFG Alton House.
- Hot tub should be entered at your own risk. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Food is not allowed in hot tub. We are not responsible for any jewelry or clothing damage if worn in the hot tubs. A shower should be taken before entering the hot tub. Please read manual provided for hot tub instructions.
- Our house is located in a residential area and guests are expected to respect the privacy and peace of our neighbors. Loud parties or inappropriate behavior are not allowed at any time. Quiet time is from 11p to 7a.
- Please notify Ty Erickson by phone or text (801-913-4896) with pictures if you see anything that is broken or needs repair.
- All kids need to be supervised by an adult at all times while on property
- Upon departure, please leave outside property grounds in the condition you received it. Make sure outside grounds are in good order for next guests.
- Do not enter basement storage/utility room or trailers located outside. (Do Not Enter sign posted)