What is the DFG Alton House address?
- 75 North 200 East Alton, Utah
Is there grocery or shopping close by?
- Yes. Phillips 66 gas station in Alton (US-89 & UT-14, Alton, UT 84710) 8.8 miles away Grocery stores in Orderville (65 N Main St, Orderville, UT 84758) 13.4 miles as well as Panguitch (10 S Main St, Panguitch, UT 84759) 36.3 miles
What do we need to do when we arrive?
- You can access the house by entering the code texted to you on the deadbolt on the front door. Please text Ty Erickson for code if you have not received at 801-913-4896. You will want to make sure the temperature is comfortable. For AC the control is at the top of the stairs. If using the AC you will also want to turn on the fan above the kitchen/family room. For heat you can use the fire places as well as the space heaters in each room. PLEASE DO NOT MOVE SPACE HEATERS.
What do we need to do when we leave?
- Follow check out list.
How does the TV work?
- There is a separate control for the TV and DVD player. Make sure the TV is on the correct input for the device you are trying to use. We have streaming ROKU’s, DVD and a PlayStation 4 upstairs.
Is there Wi-Fi/internet?
- Yes. The network name is: Experience Utah-Alton Password: 4356483335
How do you start the fire pit?
- This is a gas fire pit. The key is located on the bottom side. Open the gas by turning the key to the left. Light with match or piece of paper. Make sure the gas is turned off after you are done. Lighters are located in the kitchen drawer.
Is there a furnace/heater?
- Yes upstairs, but heat throughout the house is done with space heaters.
Are pets allowed?
Is smoking allowed?
How do we use the hot tub?
- See instructions by the hot tub.
Is there a church in Alton?
- Yes, there is a Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints (Mormon) in the town that starts at 10 am every Sunday you are welcome to attend.
Who do we call for maintenance?
- Call or text Ty Erickson 801-913-4896
Can we use the land line at the house?
- Yes, you can. No long-distance (out of state) calls, please. The phone number is: 435-648-3335
Are there additional towels and sheets we can use?
- Additional towels and blankets are located in the downstairs linen closet, master closet, and in the mudroom/laundry room. The sheets are in the cupboard above the washer and dryer.
Are there extra mattresses?
- Yes, the upstairs couches in the loft have fold-out beds. Also, there are extra mattresses in the basement in the closet underneath the stairs.
Can we use the pool table?
- Yes, you can. Please replace pool sticks after use and handle the pool table with care. A ping pong table is also available, located near the pool table.
Do we need to lock the doors at night?
- Alton is a small community without much traffic so it’s normally very safe, but feel free to lock doors.
Are there skewers for the fire pit?
- Yes, there are. They are located in the rustic buckets around the fire pit.
Where is the nearest hospital?
- Garfield Memorial Hospital 200 N 400 E St, Panguitch, UT 84759 (39 mins away) There is also an ambulance located in Alton. Call 911 in case of emergency.
Can kids ride on the off road track?
- Yes and no. The track is available for use with your own equipment and with a signed waiver. Unfortunately, due to liability and maintenance, the ATVs at the house are for the owner’s use only.
What do we do if something breaks?
- Please notify Ty Erickson by phone or text with a picture of what is wrong 801-913-4896.
How do we operate outdoor lights?
- The on/off switch is located at the bottom of each light pole.
What if we smell sewage?
- This house has a self-contained sewage system, at times there may be a slight sewage smell. If smell persists please contact Ty Erickson 801-913-4896 or put vinegar or septic cleaner in the drain between washer and dryer.
What do we do with excess trash?
- Trash needs to be taken out to 200 East Street every Thursday morning before 11a.
Can we use ATVs in the garage?
- Unfortunately due to liability and maintenance the equipment in the garage is reserved for the owners only. However, we have great partners that can supply any of your equipment needs. Just ask!